Are you looking for a permanent role in the leisure industry with career potential?
The City of Subiaco is seeking applicants for the position of Centre Duty Manager at Lords Recreation Centre. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals with highly developed communication skills and prior experience in a recreation centre environment.
Reporting to Coordinator Facilities, Health and Fitness, the Centre Duty Manager will supervise operations of the centre in the absence of senior management. Through a strong customer service focus, the Centre Duty Manager will ensure that all patrons and staff are in a safe environment and that the centre is in a highly presentable condition at all times.
The staff at the City of Subiaco uphold and consistently demonstrate the City of Subiaco’s values of Respect, Integrity, Customer Service and Teamwork.
The permanent shifts for this role will be during Lords social sports competition, because of this Lords are seeking candidates with experience in the management or supervision of social sports competitions (or similar).
Interested applicants must possess the following:
- Supervisory ability and a high level of organisational ability in planning, prioritising and achieving outcomes to deadlines
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed administration skills including an ability to operate computer systems, for example Envibe
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Self-motivated and have the ability to use initiative, perform without supervision and work as part of a busy team
- Previous experience in a recreation centre environment
- Working with Children Check
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and fit into a variety of roles to meet the requirements of the organisation
- Ability to work well under pressure
- National Police Clearance (within 6 months)
The position will be permanent part time working four days a week:
Monday – Thursday / 4:30pm – 10:00pm.
Candidates may be required to work Friday evening and weekends to cover staff leave or if the candidate is willing to work in a variety of roles.
Salary: $28 - $38 per hour plus:
- 5 weeks annual leave pro rata
- 17.5% Annual Leave loading
- Sustainable travel allowance or free parking permit
- 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation.
- range of excellent employee health and wellbeing benefits
If you have a real passion for the recreation industry and would like to join an exciting and vibrate team, please apply today through our website www.subiaco.wa.gov.au.
Applicants must submit a CV and cover letter addressing the requirements listed on the position description.
Applications close 4pm on 28 May 2019.