The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The city invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds.
Join our dynamic Operations and Environment team in this exciting and challenging role and be responsible for coordinating the parks capital works program.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the development of contract specifications for both capital renewal and recurrent works
- In consultation with the Manager coordinate and report on the implementation of contracted works, in accordance with contract administration requirements and budget constraints
- Coordinate practical completion processes ensuring they are undertaken to the City’s satisfaction with correct documentation and authorisation of contract payments in accordance with delegated authority
- Coordinate the preparation of plans, including designs and cost estimates for the refurbishment of parks, streetscapes and road reserve areas
- Coordinate the development and implementation of specifications and guidelines for recurrent works programs in conjunction with Coordinator Parks Operations
- In conjunction with the Manager coordinate the Parks improvement program
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of asset management data related to Parks Services
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and support to the section
- Plan and prioritise projects and initiatives undertaken by the section, with accountability for achievement of outcomes
- Prepare and manage the section budget
- Regularly review, develop and update policies, procedures and work practices to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery
To be successful in this role, it is desirable for you to have:
- Supervisory ability that includes people and budget management and a high level of organisational ability in planning, prioritising and achieving outcomes to deadlines
- Highly developed and proven interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Sound planning, program and project management expertise with a continuous improvement approach
- Relevant experience in contract and project management
- Experience in asset management
- Demonstrated ability to establish, develop and maintain new systems, strategies and procedures
- Excellent written communication skills
- Well-developed ability to use corporate computer systems
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications in horticulture, irrigation and/or project management and/or relevant work experience
- Local Government experience
- Drivers licence
Please visit our website https://careers.subiaco.wa.gov.au/ click on view all jobs and position title to see attached position description for Coordinator Parks Development.
This position is part time (5 days per fortnight) and will be offered as a 12 month fixed term contract.
Salary range: $94,000 – $98,500 plus 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, subsidised gym membership, sustainable travel allowance or parking permit, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
The position has restricted private use of a vehicle.
The estimated closure date is 25 February 2020 but we reserve the right to close the ad prior to this date.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia