The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The City invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer which welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds and abilities.
The City is seeking a Coordinator Place Development to provide outstanding leadership of the Place team.
This is an opportunity to work in a high-profile local government during an exciting period of growth and revitalisation for Subiaco.
Reporting to the Manager Economic Development and Place, this position:
- Works with the community and across the organisation to implement the City’s Place Plan.
- Leads, coordinates and delivers place making and marketing to support Subiaco as a destination.
- Leads the Place Development team.
- Liaises with the business community to develop and implement activities, events or opportunities to assist the local economy.
- Implement a stakeholder management strategy to attract major events to Subiaco.
- Develop and assist local businesses with marketing products and services.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Significant experience in a place making leadership role.
- Significant experience in event management and marketing.
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills.
- Leadership experience and ability to manage resources.
- Understanding of the principles and legislative requirements of local government.
- Ability to think conceptually, creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitation, negotiation, influencing outcomes and conflict resolution.
- Strong skills in communication, relationship building and community engagement.
This position is full time and will be offered as a permanent contract.
This position comes with a salary of $90,000 to 96,000, 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, subsidised gym membership, sustainable travel allowance or parking permit, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
We pride ourselves on our culture and demonstrate our values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, and Customer Service.
People of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you want to be part of a great culture and be part of building Subiaco please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position and why you are the right person for this role.
For more information, visit www.subiaco.wa.gov.au.
Applications close 29 July 2019