The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The City invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer which welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds and abilities.
The City is seeking an experienced communications professional to provide outstanding leadership of the Communications and Engagement branch for a 12-month fixed-term contract.
This is an opportunity to work in a high-profile local government during an exciting period of growth and revitalisation for Subiaco.
The position oversees public relations and media management for the City of Subiaco; internal communications for our diverse workforce; external communication channels including digital media; and community engagement projects.
You should have experience in corporate communications, including media management, and an awareness of best practice community and stakeholder engagement.
The role is responsible for leading a small, high performing team of communications and community engagement advisors who work across the organisation on a range of council projects and initiatives.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Mayor and internal stakeholders to achieve the organisation’s communications objectives. The Manager Communications and Engagement is responsible for the planning, management and service delivery of the branch and, as a member of the management team, contributes to the strategic development of the organisation.
Our staff uphold and consistently demonstrate the City of Subiaco’s values of Respect, Integrity, Customer Service and Teamwork.
The requirements for this position include:
- Well-developed leadership, team building and human resource management skills
- Significant demonstrated experience in developing and executing communication strategies and plans
- Experience managing proactive and reactive media and briefing executive and internal stakeholders on media matters
- Experience in public relations and issues management
- An understanding of IAP2 community engagement principles
- Sound project management and problem solving skills
- Highly developed and proven interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience in a media/communications/public relations role
This position comes with a cash salary of $125,000 - 135,000, 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, subsidised gym membership, sustainable travel allowance or parking permit, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
This position is a twelve-month full time, fixed term contract commencing June 2019.
People of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. To apply please submit a CV and cover letter addressing the requirements of the position as outlined in the position description.
For more information, visit www.subiaco.wa.gov.au.
Applications close 4pm 23 May 2019