The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The City invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds and abilities.
This is an opportunity to work in a high-profile local government during an exciting period of growth and revitalisation for Subiaco.
The City is seeking a dynamic leader to manage our Cultural Services branch. The role is responsible for leading a productive and creative team and overseeing the responsibilities of the branch which include library, museum, cultural and community development services and programs.
The staff at the City of Subiaco uphold and consistently demonstrate the City of Subiaco’s values of Respect, Integrity, Customer Service and Teamwork.
The requirements for this position include:
- Well developed leadership, team building and human resource management skills
- Demonstrated ability to introduce, lead and manage organisational change
- Demonstrated ability to transform strategic concepts into practical outcomes
- High level customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed policy development and problem solving skills
- Sound planning, program and project management expertise with a continuous improvement approach
- Sound financial management and budgeting skills
- Relevant experience in the management of community based services, library, museum and program related areas
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience at a senior level
This position comes with a cash salary of $135,000, vehicle, 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, subsidised gym membership, rostered day off and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
This position is full time and will be offered as a permanent contract.
To apply please submit a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position as outlined in the position description and a CV.
For more information, visit www.subiaco.wa.gov.au.
Enquiries to Marion Morton – Director Community and Development Services on 9237 9230.
Applications close 3:00pm on Friday 24 May 2019.