The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The City invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer which welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds and abilities.
The City is seeking a Manager Economic Development and Place to join our leadership team. This is an excellent opportunity to further your leadership expertise in an achievement orientated and supportive culture and contribute to the growth and revitalisation of Subiaco.
Reporting to the Director Community and Development Services, this position:
- Provides strategic leadership of the Economic Development and Place team.
- Implements strategies for future economic development to attract investment and enhance business and our local community.
- Works collaboratively with the City’s branches to have an integrated approach to achieving the City’s Economic Development Strategy and Place Plan.
The requirements of this position are:
- Demonstrated experience in economic development, and place development.
- Extensive experience in leadership, people and budget management and a high level of organisational ability in planning, prioritising and achieving outcomes.
- Extensive experience in community engagement and stakeholder management strategies.
- Well-developed analytical skills and proven ability to develop solutions for difficult problems.
- A demonstrated ability to think conceptually, creatively and strategically to deliver outcomes.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of economic drivers to shape strategies at a local level.
This position is full time and will be offered as a permanent contract.
This position attracts a salary of $135,000 - 145,000, a $12,500 vehicle allowance, 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, subsidised gym membership, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
We pride ourselves on our culture and demonstrate our values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, and Customer Service.
People of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you want to be part of a great culture and be part of building Subiaco please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position and why you are the right person for this role.
Applications close 29 July 2019