The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The City invites you to be a part of a culture that enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds. Applications to this role are open to people of all abilities.
City of Subiaco employees uphold demonstrate the City’s values of Respect, Integrity, Customer Service and Teamwork.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Planning Services team for an experienced Senior Project Officer on a 24 month fixed-term contract. The successful candidate will be part of shaping Subiaco’s long term development into a vibrant, sustainable and livable city.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated experience in managing complex urban renewal development projects as well as experience or a formal qualification in urban planning, project management or a related discipline.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Qualification or demonstrated experience in urban planning, project management or a related discipline.
- A project management qualification is desirable.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Well-developed facilitation and consulting skills.
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience or understanding of coordinating cross-branch projects.
- Ability to build relationships with government agencies, industry groups and the community.
- Well-developed ability to use corporate computer systems.
- Current C Class driver’s license.
To see the position description, please visit our website https://careers.subiaco.wa.gov.au/
This position is full time and will be offered as a 24 month fixed-term contract.
Salary range: $84,000 – $96,400 plus 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, free gym membership, sustainable travel allowance or parking permit, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
Applicants must provide a CV and 2 page cover letter demonstrating suitability for the role.
Enquiries: Alex Petrovski, Manager Planning Services on (08) 9237 9268
The estimated closure date is 1 December 2020 but we reserve the right to close the advertisement prior to this date.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia