The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The city invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds. Applications to this role are open to people of all abilities.
The staff at the City of Subiaco uphold and consistently demonstrate the City of Subiaco’s values of Respect, Integrity, Customer Service and Teamwork.
A great opportunity has arisen in our Infrastructure Maintenance team for an experienced Team Leader Infrastructure Maintenance.
This is an exciting and varied role that provides integral support and leadership to the Infrastructure Maintenance team. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, team orientated and focused on delivering quality outcomes for all stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
• Assist the Coordinator Infrastructure Maintenance and Waste Services
in the coordination and implementation of construction maintenance activities
• Provide team leadership and a high level of professional support to all team members on infrastructure maintenance and construction issues
• To enhance the team’s compliance with Occupational Safety and Health principles and procedures to ensure the safety of the public and staff
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Cert IV in Civil Construction and Maintenance or relevant industry experience
• Current Western Australian HR class license
• Well-developed interpersonal and organisational skills, and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a team environment
• Knowledge of current road, drainage, footpath construction and maintenance techniques
• Sound working knowledge in the operation, safe use and maintenance of construction machinery.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices
• Diverse plant operating skills
• Sound written communication, literacy and numeracy skills
This position is full time and will be offered as a permanent contract.
Salary range: $69,693 – $71,215 plus 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 9 day fortnight, 4 weeks annual leave, subsidised gym membership, sustainable travel allowance or parking permit, and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
The estimated closure date is 25 September but we reserve the right to close the ad prior to this date.