The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner city council famous for its lively business and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The City invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who welcomes people from all genders, ages and backgrounds.
The City is looking for an experienced HR driver to fill this dynamic and exciting role, within its waste collection team.
This is a diverse and challenging role which requires a team player with a proactive and positive work attitude, the role also requires a good level of physical fitness as the truck driving and waste collection activities are rotated between staff throughout the day. No previous waste experience is required all necessary training will be provided.
The staff at the City of Subiaco uphold and consistently demonstrate the City of Subiaco’s values of Respect, Integrity, Customer Service and Teamwork.
The main duties include:
- Operation of side and rear loading waste trucks
- Collection of waste and recycling bins
- Collection of green waste
- Collection of Street and park litter bins
- Repair, maintenance and delivery of waste and recycle bins
- Maintenance and cleaning of vehicles and equipment
- Positive and proactive work attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- HR License
- Willing to complete a pre-employment medical
Hours of work:
6am – 2pm Monday to Friday
The City of Subiaco is an employer of choice and provides a number of incentives to staff some of which are:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- One Rostered Day Off Per Month
- 17.5% Annual Leave loading
- Sustainable travel allowance or free parking permit
- Subsidised gym membership
- 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation
Salary $61,990 - $63,498
This position is full time (38 hours per week) and will be offered as a permanent contract.
Applications close: 4pm 22nd May 2019