The City of Subiaco is transforming with significant change and evolution in terms of residential options, the commercial sector, retail, entertainment, leisure and recreation. We navigate this change in partnership with the community, business and stakeholders, whilst also celebrating Subiaco’s’ heritage, history and culture.
Join our dynamic Health & Compliance Services team in this exciting and challenging role and Contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive environmental and public health strategy
Your responsibilities will include:
- Respond to and investigate Public Health Act 2016, Food Act 2008, Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1911, Environmental Protection Act 1986 and Local Government Act 1995 complaints.
- Undertake routine monitoring of premises in relation to public health issues.
- Advise and prepare general correspondence regarding matters arising from inspections.
- Undertake communication of requirements, investigations and enforcement action in cases of non-compliance when necessary.
- Process applications and ensure conditions are complied with.
- Build relationships, networks, and liaise with the community.
- Assist Coordinator Environmental Health and Manager Health & Compliance Services in the preparation of reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Maintain records and registers using the applicable corporate computer systems (CM9, Authority, CRM, etc.).
- Assist with the implementation of various Environmental Health programs.
- Receive and record Environmental Health-related complaints.
- Liaise with various organisations including the Health Department, the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent qualification that will allow you to be appointed as an Authorised Officer under the Food Act 2008.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of public health statutory requirements (Public Health Act, Food Act, Environmental Protection Act, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain new systems, strategies and procedures.
- Sound written communication skills demonstrated within the context of public health.
- Intermediate ability to use corporate computer systems (including specialist systems).
Benefits of working for the City of Subiaco:
- Five weeks annual leave
- One rostered day off per month
- Generous superannuation matching contributions
- Subsidised gym membership
- Health and wellness initiatives
$75,000 - $86,500 per annum (depending on experience) plus superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, free gym membership, free parking, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
Please go to careers.subiaco.wa.gov.au/job-board and select "Apply". Please follow the on-screen prompts to complete and submit your application.
Please submit a copy of your current CV and a cover letter telling us how you meet the position requirements.
We encourage applications from people of any physical ability, culture, age, sex and gender.
Nathan Russell - Manager Health and Compliance Services on 9237 9222
The estimated closure date is 7 December 2021, 4 pm but we reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
See www.subiaco.wa.gov.au for more information about the City of Subiaco.