The City of Subiaco is a progressive inner City local government known for its retail, hospitality and entertainment sector as well as its attractive environment and streetscapes. The City invites you to be a part of a culture which enables employees to enjoy excellent work life balance and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who welcomes people from all ages, genders and backgrounds. Applications to this role are open to people of all abilities.
A great opportunity has arisen in our Operations and Environment Services team for an experienced Environmental Projects Officer.
Working with the Operations and Environment Team, the role involves the research, planning and the delivery of a comprehensive range of projects and initiatives surrounding the environment, waste and sustainability, climate change mitigation and adaptation, greening, biodiversity and water conservation.
Your responsibilities will include:
Implement projects under the City of Subiaco’s Environment Plan, Sustainability and Resilient Strategy and Waste Plan
- Provide support to Operations and Environment for the continued maintenance of the City’s water bodies, green corridors and other natural areas
- Prepare reports for submission to Council, management plans and policies
- Provide information and advice on environmental, sustainability and waste issues for Council, City staff and the general public through events, publicity avenues (brochures, media releases, website) and Elected Member information bulletins
- Promote community awareness and understanding of environmental and sustainable development issues
- Foster and coordinate resident, school and business involvement in environmental and waste management in the City of Subiaco
- Deliver presentations at workshops, seminars and community events
- Supervise contractors, consultants and volunteers.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Highly developed interpersonal and organisation skills
- Highly developed communication skills both written and oral
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in environmental science and/or demonstrated experience
- Competence in Microsoft word, excel and power point programs
- Ability to interpret landscape plans and relevant documentation
- Commitment and passion for providing leadership and services for a sustainable environment
- Practical skills and knowledge of local native flora and fauna to successfully implement environmental programs.
Salary: $75,000 - $83,200 per annum plus 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, free gym membership, sustainable travel allowance or parking permit, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
Enquiries: Gray Stead, Manager Operations and Environment on 08 9387 0942
Applications close 4pm on Tuesday 1 June 2021 but we reserve the right to close the advertisement prior to this date