The City of Subiaco is one of Perth’s most recognised and treasured inner city precincts. In recent years Subiaco has seen significant change and evolution in terms of residential options, the commercial sector, retail, entertainment, leisure and recreation.
With new development and investment from both government and the commercial sector Subiaco is positioned for transformational growth over the coming years. Navigating this change in partnership with the community, business and stakeholders, whilst also celebrating Subiaco’s’ heritage, history and culture is an exciting challenge.
See www.subiaco.wa.gov.au for more information on the City of Subiaco.
The City’s Economic Development and Place team are at the forefront of this change and an opportunity has arisen in this team for a Marketing and Events Officer.
This is an exciting role that will assist in the development and delivery of contemporary destination marketing campaigns and a calendar of events and activations to promote Subiaco to the broader Perth community.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about destination marketing and events, have strong communication skills, experience in the delivery of stand-out marketing solutions and the seamless design, planning, and delivery of events.
Reporting to the Senior Destination Marketing and Events Officer, the role will develop and deliver actions, programs and initiatives as identified in the City’s Marketing Strategy.
Your responsibilities will include
- Coordinate and deliver on various Destination Marketing projects and events for the City’s destination brand, See Subiaco.
- Developing and creating a range of stand-out marketing materials to promote Subiaco to a range of diverse audiences.
- Ensure smooth planning and delivery of See Subiaco’s town centre events calendar including coordinating sponsorship programs and contract management.
- Managing the See Subiaco website and social media accounts.
- Liaise with local businesses to develop and implement event and marketing initiatives to promote the Subiaco Town Centre as a desirable retail, hospitality and entertainment destination.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a similar role including destination marketing and destination focused event development and delivery.
- Experience in destination campaigns and organising and delivering events.
- Demonstrated ability to write and prepare a wide range of marketing materials for diverse audiences.
- Experience in business and community engagement.
- Experience in development of business and government communication tools including report writing and document development.
- Sound interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Well-developed relationship building skills.
- Basic ability to interpret the relevant acts and legislation and associated technical documents
- Ability to use corporate computer systems, content management systems and graphic design programs (preferred).
To see the position description, please visit our website https://careers.subiaco.wa.gov.au/
This position full time and will be offered as a permanent contract.
Salary: $70,000 - $77,400 plus 9.5% employer superannuation and up to an additional 5% employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave, Free Lords Recreation Centre membership, sustainable travel allowance or parking permit, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
To apply: Submit your CV and a cover letter addressing each of the above selection criteria.
Enquiries: Laura Lewsey, Senior Destination Marketing and Events Officer, 08 9237 9203
The estimated closure date is Wednesday 21 April 2021 but we reserve the right to close the ad prior to this date.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia