The City of Subiaco is one of Perth’s most recognised and treasured inner-city precincts. In recent years Subiaco has seen significant change and evolution in terms of residential options, the commercial sector, retail, entertainment, leisure and recreation.
With new development and investment from both government and the commercial sector, Subiaco is positioned for transformational growth over the coming years. Navigating this change in partnership with the community, business and stakeholders, whilst also celebrating Subiaco’s’ heritage, history and culture is an exciting challenge.
See www.subiaco.wa.gov.au for more information on the City of Subiaco.
An exciting full-time permanent opportunity is available in our Information Services team for an experienced Records Officer.
This diverse and dynamic role is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Maintenance of the enterprise EDMS including file creation, retention schedules, security and classification scheme.
- Process and register communications with the city including letters, documents and emails.
- Contribute to teamwork to meet Record Services objectives.
- Support and train staff in records management practices and procedures including the use of the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Contribute to project work as directed including but not limited to system upgrades, records disposal, vital records, and offsite storage audits
- Customer Service activities
- Ensure a high level of accurate data entry.
The requirements of the role include:
- Demonstrate effective customer service skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge and experience with the State Records Act 2000
- Attention to detail including the ability to follow defined procedures
- Comprehensive experience with electronic document management systems.
- Ability to work within a team as well as with autonomy.
What the City of Subiaco can offer you:
Your health and safety and wellbeing are our priority. We offer great benefits to help your work-life balance and we’re committed to equal opportunity employment. Depending on your position, your benefits may include and are not limited to:
- Up to five weeks of annual leave with 17.5% leave loading (or pro-rata equivalent)
- Rostered days off
- Sustainable travel allowance or a parking permit
- Free Membership to Lords Recreation Centre
- Health Insurance Corporate Membership discounts
- Flexible working arrangements
- Superannuation co-contributions
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- 24/7 employee assistance program
- Social club
- Novated lease and salary packaging options
- Learning and development benefits
- Paid study leave and tuition assistance
- Health assessments
- Skin cancer screening
See what other benefits the City can offer you here: https://www.subiaco.wa.gov.au/Your-council/Working-at-the-city
To see the position description, please visit our website https://careers.subiaco.wa.gov.au/
Salary range: $60,000 – $71,200 plus 9.5% employer superannuation and additional employer co-contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave pro-rata, free gym membership, sustainable travel allowance or a parking permit, a rostered day off per month and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
To apply: Please follow to https://careers.subiaco.wa.gov.au/job-board/ and select "Apply". Please follow the on-screen prompts to complete and submit your application. Provide a cover letter telling us how you meet our requirements listed in the position description and your current CV.
Enquiries: Rachael Richards, Senior Records Administrator on (08) 9237 9251
The estimated closure date is 4 pm, Tuesday 28 September 2021 but we reserve the right to close the advertisement prior to the date.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.