The City of Subiaco is going through a transformation with significant change and evolution in terms of residential options, the commercial sector, retail, entertainment, leisure and recreation. Navigating this change in partnership with the community, business and stakeholders, whilst also celebrating Subiaco's' heritage, history and culture is an exciting challenge.
The City is seeking for experienced and motivated communication professional to join the busy Communication and Engagement team for a 12-month contract. You will be hard-working and team-oriented with strong relationship skills and a demonstrated ability to write engaging content for a range of audiences and mediums and have strategic media connections.
This role is responsible for:
- creating content across print and digital channels to promote the City’s events, services, facilities and projects
- developing and implementing a range of communications plans and activities to inform and engage the community
- maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation and local and state-wide media
- contributing to the strategic communications objectives of the organisation.
The requirements of this position include:
- demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain innovative communications plans and strategies
- excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare content for a diverse range of audiences and mediums
- well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- sound project management skills and the ability to produce high-quality work within tight timeframes
- Ability to use corporate computer systems, website content management systems (CMS) and graphic design programs (preferred).
The staff at the City of Subiaco uphold and consistently demonstrate the City of Subiaco’s values of Respect, Integrity, Customer Service and Teamwork.
Salary range: $75,000 - $87,000 and 10% employer superannuation with an additional co-contribution superannuation.
We recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, and treated fairly with respect. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all applications, as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
To ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, The City of Subiaco requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption as per the current Health Directions. Kindly consider this requirement before applying for a role in the City.
Please follow https://careers.subiaco.wa.gov.au/job-board/ and select Apply. Please follow the on-screen prompts to complete and submit your application. Provide your current CV and a cover letter telling us how you meet the requirements listed above.
Enquiries: Kai Lothian, Manager Communications and Engagement, 9237 9294
Applications close at 4 pm on Tuesday,10 May 2022 but we reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.